Saturday, July 17, 2010

Robotz/Embossing/Storage

Loads of paper for a journal I am working on for a very dear friend of mine who is in counseling. I love the idea of her having a journal with special sentiments and encouragements inside. So while a lot of the pages will be blank for her to write and sketch in, and every so often im going to scrap a page with a bible verse, or prayer, or any kind of encouragement that she may need. :)

I read on one of the cricut boards that someone was using old VHS boxes to store their solutions carts, great idea but I can't seem to find any except for on ebay. BUT, I did find a clear pencil box, for .97 at kroger last night, and I think it will work quite nicely, its almost the perfect size too! I will probably cut a piece of carstock to put in it to divide it into two so that i can store two different solutions carts in it, I will label the spine eventually, just haven't gotten that far yet.



Also, the other day I forgot to mention that walmart carries the pencil bags for a dollar too, I like the ones with the window in the front, and only one zipper, I bought one at kroger last night that was mesh and has two zippers, I dont like it as well.
I think the zipper pouches would work well for the solution carts too!! I just happen to like to be able to see all my carts, out of sight out of mind for me. Oh! I remember what else, I really like the pencil pouches for my clear stamps too, you can see them, and they are protected.
I would love to know what storage methods you use!!

Onward to the project.... A Robot mini picture album! I purchased a blank album from ACMoore the other day, (well actually I bought four at .60 cents each) I knew I would be able to use them!The robot is martha stewart color change paper, its an older paper that I have had in my stash for a while, The blue and red solids are both recollections cardstock from Michaels, and the ribbon came from hobby lobby. The Base paper is a really fun paper from the craft fair collection of ac patterned papers. I embossed the layer with a circle motif. Really FUN! The glitter you see is electric blue ultra fine holographic out of the neon collection from tree house studio for hobby lobby. I LOVE THEIR GLITTERS. I actually got more today, it is most definitely my go to glitter, and it's inexpensive in the grand scheme of glitters.

I wrote the sentiment with my cricut markers, which I had never used before. I really like them a whole lot.

OH! in his "window" I used a piece of plastic bag and glued it into it, and put some sequins in it, it just adds a really fun touch!!
Have any questions or comments please let me know!!
ENJOY!!
-Rachel
lovemusicdesigns@yahoo.com









No comments:

Post a Comment