Sunday, July 4, 2010

Storybook Cart

This cart just makes me want to glitter EVERYTHING! I used a simple 4 by 8 card base in a pale pink and then did the filigree at 4", sugared it, added a grosgrain ribbon, and after about thirty attempts to cut a sentiment with my cricut I gave up,( this is because my mats are gunky, and I need to open a new package, I realize this is my own fault, and not the machines, and to clarify I probably only tried three times... I give up easily) and stamped one with a princess stamp I had in my stash. Then I took some glitter nail polish I had and glittered the tiara. I like the way it turned out, even though it is not what I had originally pictured.

This too was cut with the story book cart, and the sentiment was cut out of the paisley cart, I sugared the edges and voila! its a note card with no fold.

I absolutely love all of the floral and filigree the storybook cart has to offer, absolutely wonderful! I cut a card 5 by 4, and rounded the edges with my paper gator, then cut the embellishments with the cricut. I cut apart the thank you, to make it fit, and used the accent letters a little differently than what they suggest, but I like them better this way on this particular card. I sugared the flowers down the sides...
On the inside as an after thought I added the bird that I accidentally cut earlier, a little bit of the flower motif, and added a place to write a message. I really like the way it came out, I love the cream, brown, and aqua, it's one of my favorite color combos.

I've been busy in my spare time! I absolutely love the storybook cart, i don't usually go for font carts, but i just saw so much more with it!

This is an stamp I picked up at michael's today... could it be any more adorable?? I think it will be a great sentiment to the owl card above! :)

Have any questions? Shoot me a line at LoveMusicDesigns@yahoo.com

Looking for gifts? Check out www.Lovemusic.etsy.com

Have a great and safe holiday!
-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment